We save lives by improving patient care and changing how physicians practice medicine.
Exceptional Service to Physicians and their Patients.
Do the Right things Right!
Healthy Patients. Healthy Practice. Done Right!
At Frontera, we attempt to CONNECT with every patient, customer or client at every opportunity with the goal of providing the Best Diagnostic Experience possible!
- INTRODUCE yourself. Live “10/4 Rule”. Explain your position and role.
- Use Mr./Mrs., or preferred name when addressing patient/ customer. Be enthusiastic!
- Phone: (standard greeting “Hi, this is [Name] with Frontera. How can I help you?”
- Testing a patient: Make eye contact; shake their hand. “Hi, my name is [Name] and I’ll be taking care of you today.” — Walk with them, not in front of them. Explain what they are about to see when they walk into the room.
- COMMUNICATE needed information and details; role and authority; what happens next.
- Initial introduction may be brief as in a Greeting, complete full introduction.
- Give 100% of your attention to patient/ customer. Use their name often (preferably 3 or more times).
- Use simple terms and avoid medical/ insurance jargon.
- Phone: Listen; Acknowledge request; Inform of position and authority; Communicate your plan to help them.
- Testing a patient: Explain test/ duration; Consent form; Patient responsibility; Financial obligations/ collect. Eye Contact – “Be There”
- ASK for and anticipate patient or customer needs, questions, or concerns.
Eye Contact – “Be There”
- Ask! Don’t assume you know what they need or want.
- Ask open-ended questions when possible (How/ What).
- Listen for tone of voice and read body language.
- RESPOND to patient or customer questions, needs & requests with immediacy.
Eye Contact – “Be There”
- Accurately – Everyone wants correct information. Know your stuff. Be honest if you don’t.
- Politely – Use words like “Please”, “Thank you” and “You’re welcome.”
- Enthusiastically – Be positive. Put aside all outside matters.
- Extra Mile – something Extra for the patient or customer that they didn’t ask for. Exit well!
- Difference between a “good” and “GREAT” experience! Constantly thinking how else you may serve them. Anything extra: give helpful information, copy of forms, cup of water, etc. Provide the “WOW factor”.
- Exit well – Phone: Explain any actions you will be taking and if/when follow-up is to be expected. “Thank you Mr./Mrs.________.”
- Exit well – Testing a patient: Explain what comes next. Open the door for them and walk them out. Shake their hand and thank them again using their name.
- “Thank you Mr./Mrs. _____ for making your appointment today. It was a pleasure meeting you. Dr. _____ should receive your test results within 3 business days. Frontera prides itself on “BEING” our company values and we want you to have the Best Diagnostic Experience possible. Your feedback is very important to us. [Hand card to patient] This card explains instructions on how to get answers to any of your questions on the EOB you might receive and a way to go online to give us your feedback on your experience with me today. Would you take a few minutes to do this for us and tell our company and this practice how we are doing?”
Going the Extra Mile and Exiting well sets us apart!
In order to do this, Frontera’s leadership team selected a training organization to help provide our staff with some new knowledge and skills to get us closer to our goal. As part of our comprehensive strategy, we have introduced a concept called, C.I.C.A.R.E. “See-I-Care”, to our staff of field technicians and office personnel.
We have taken best practices from our leading techs in the field, combined them with some great ideas that were conceptualized at our last company-wide meeting, and created a STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE that is guaranteed to set us apart from anyone else in the industry. We firmly believe that we are the best provider of diagnostic testing in the industry. We also believe in always raising the bar.
We have an opportunity to build something very special. We have the opportunity to truly make an impact on every patient, physician, staff member and fellow employees that we engage with every day.
With that, we are proud to provide exceptional service to our customers as we “live” out the C.I.C.A.R.E principles.